Membership requirements for Panther L/L, Inc.
A. General Requirements
- All members shall be at least 21 years of age.
- All members shall share in the fellowship of leather common to the Panther L/L, Inc. membership.
B. Full Memberss
- Anyone meeting the general requirements and the Pledgeship requirements as outlined in the current Policies and Procedures may apply for Full Membership.
- Pledges shall complete a Pledgeship as outlined in the current Policies and Procedures.
- Each Full Member shall sign a waiver relinquishing his/her rights to Panther L/L, Inc. properties, whether or not he/she helped to create, obtain, or purchase them, in whole or in part, with his/her time, services, or money.
- Full Members shall pay dues as outlined in current procedures.
- Full Members shall attend all meetings, bar nights, and official functions as determined by club vote.
- Each member is allowed six absences per calendar year, including illnesses and work related absences, but excluding attendance at out-of-town runs. Additional absences will be addressed on a case-by-case basis in closed-closed session. After six absences in a rolling twelve month period, the President will discuss the matter with the member. After eight absences in a calendar year, the member will be required to meet with the Executive Board to discuss the matter.
- Full Members shall not be a Full Member of another leather/levi club.
- Full Members may wear a large Panther L/L, Inc. patch according to Panther L/L, Inc. dress requirements.
- Full Members each hold one vote.
C. Lifetime Associate Members
- Anyone meeting the General Requirements may apply for Associate membership as outlined in current Policies and Procedures.
- Associate Members shall pay dues as outlined in current Policies and Procedures.
- Associate Members shall have no voting power and shall make no commitments on behalf of Panther L/L, Inc.
- Associate Members may wear a small Panther L/L, Inc. patch.
- A Pledge must adhere to the conduct, ethics and Pledge requirements of Panther L/L, Inc.
- A Pledge is required to seek out club members outside the bars in order to build friendships.
- A Pledge is required to obtain the signatures of all Full Members on the back of this Pledge Handbook. Each Full Member will sign his/her handbook after the Pledge meets with him/her.
- A Pledge is required to arrive at a minimum of 15 minutes prior to all bar nights, meeting, and special events (cookouts, fund-raiser, etc.) to assist in setting up. He/she is expected to remain for the duration of the event or until excused by the Pledge Master/Mistress.
- A Pledge will not be required to perform tasks that are related to an individual's personal needs, but may volunteer to perform tasks for each member (e.g.: getting cocktails, lighting cigarettes, etc.).
- A Pledge will be asked to perform duties for the benefit of the club as a whole.
- A Pledge will be expected to perform duties such as cleaning ashtrays and acting as a bar back when needed during bar nights.
- Pledge pins must be worn and the Pledge Handbook must be carried during all club-related activities.
- A Pledge is encouraged to have the Pledge pin and handbook with him/her at any gay/lesbian events/venues where he/she may encounter a Full Member.
- A Pledge is required to become familiar with the Statement of Purpose, Bylaws, and Policies and Procedures of Panther L/L, Inc.
- A Pledge should expect to be quizzed on the Statement of Purpose, Bylaws, and Policies and Procedure before he/she is accepted as a Full Member of Panther L/L, Inc.
- A Pledge must make telephone contact with his/her big brother/sister and with the Pledge Master/Mistress at least once a week during his/her pledge period.
- A Pledge will be given a project (individually or as a pledge class) to be completed during the pledge period. The project will be decided upon by the Pledge based on the following criteria:
- Each person pledging full membership to Panther L/L must complete a pledge project subject to the approval of the Pledge Master.
- The pledge project must fall into one of two general categories:
- A. Fundraiser benefiting a local community-based 501(c)3 organization
- The pledge may plan and execute a fundraiser at the Atlanta Eagle or other appropriate venue, subject to the approval of the Pledge Master.
- All (100%) proceeds raised during the fundraiser must be given in the name of Panther L/L, Inc. to an approved local community-based 501(c)3 organization.
- The pledge must select a local community-based 501(c)3 organization that has not received funds from Panther L/L within the past 12 months.
- The pledge should set a fundraising goal of at least $500.00.
- Fundraising events can be planned by an individual pledge or pledge class of up to five pledges.
- B. Community Service Project
- The pledge may plan and execute a community service project for the direct benefit of a local community-based 501(c)3 organization subject to the approval of the Pledge Master.
- The pledge must devote a minimum of 4 hours of time to the community service project and should be supported and attended by all full Panther L/L members. Example: Arranging a Panther L/L food sorting day at the Atlanta Community Food Bank on a Saturday morning from 8:00am – 12:00pm.
- If a question or problem should arise during the pledge period, it should be brought to the immediate attention of the Pledge Master/Mistress. If the Pledge Master/Mistress is not reachable, the President should be notified.